We realized we never described the simple makeover we did to our downstairs bathroom. We posted a before/after photo on our Happy Dreamday (one year anniversary) post – but that was it. That’s a shame because this is one of the rooms we love the most. Seems silly, doesn’t it? But we just love how simple and inexpensive transformations can completely change a room…
We did just a few simple things in this, our guest bathroom — which is just off of our kitchen/family room and across the hall from our guest bedroom. We painted the walls and ceiling — “Breezy” by Sherwin Williams.
And probably the most dramatic change, we took off the long out-dated mirror and corner medicine cabinet and replaced with a Pottery Barn Style mirror we found on Craig’s List. We also swapped out ugly lights for an inexpensive new light fixture from Home Depot.
We also adorned the walls with more framed photos from our trip to France.
The whole project was really affordable:
- Gallon of “Breezy” SW paint = $30 (with coupon)
- “Greek Villa” paint for cabinets = $0 (used leftover from kitchen makeover)
- Hardware on cabinets = $0 (had just enough extra from kitchen)
- Mirror = $40 (Craig’s List)
- Light fixture = $60 (Home Depot)
- Iron wall hanging = $0 (hand-me-down)
- Spray paint for Iron wall hanging = $3 (Home Depot)
- Towels = $25 (TJ Maxx)
- Candle sticks = $15 ($5 each at Crate & Barrel sample sale)
- Candles = $15 ($5 each at Coldwater Creek – random, right? during Christmas sale)
- Photos = $0 (taken ourselves)
- Frames = $15 ($5 each – Ikea)
- Shower Curtain = $5 (Crate & Barrel sample sale)
- TOTAL = $208
Still on the to-do list:
- New toilet
- New tub
- Knock out vanity top
- Tile shower and new vanity top