Those of you who are evening & weekend DIY warriors like ourselves understand how precious weekends are to get these checklists checked! We went to town this weekend on the nursery – didn’t even realize how much we accomplished until we gleefully crossed items off of this list that we shared with you earlier. Yippee! Check it out:
Ceiling Remove fan Fill holes Sand Paint Hang chandelier
- Baseboards (one coat down, second coat going on tonight)
- Back of door (one coat down, second coat going on tonight)
- Inside closet (nevermind! – we’ve got another idea, it’s called “not painting the inside of the closet” – brilliant, no?)
- Remove closet doors (negotiable) – if removed, decide on fabric/curtains (oh, they will come down – and cute curtains will take their place. Later.)
Remove current hardware
- Put on new knobs
- Line drawers
- Find organizer for top
Put crib together
(Why, yes, oh observant ones, that IS the same crib that John & Sherry have for baby Clara over at Young House Love! After we read all about the research they put into their crib, we thought – “Works for us!” and we got the same one – or, actually, it was a Christmas present from Michelle’s parents.)
- Shelf on wall?
- Work into closet?
- Need to decide
- Pick fabric
- Make curtains (these will be the death of me – post to follow. Right now, I hate the curtains. HATE. Mind you, there’s nothing to actually hate – but the fact that there’s nothing… nevermind, just read the
rantpost when it comes)
- Make valance
- Make pillows (for bay window seat) (Hey, Mom – if you’re reading this – this item is being delegated to you. Kay? Thanks. I have a terrible track record with pillows)
Get black-out shade
- NEW ITEM: Hang black-out shade (because they don’t do much good laying on the floor)
- Wall Décor
- Pick Michelle/Jason baby photos for above crib – Ikea frames (craft? Decide)
Find silver polk-a-dot decals and order(Oh, and is there a FABULOUS story to share here!!! Can’t wait to spill…)
- Decide where Melsie farm paintings go
- Continue to stalk Craig’s List for Glider/ottoman (still stalking – do you know there’s at least 5 new gliders posted every DAY?! Yep. That just makes it worse… we can’t jump on THAT one, because tomorrow there might be a BETTER one. Egads.)
- Side table – paint? Buy new?
Whew! So, still a lot to be done, but we are feeling accomplished. Our “deadline” is just less than a month out and we think we can get most of this done by then. Well, Mr. Dreamer may be on his own here soon as Mrs. Dreamer just started the dreaded THIRD TRIMESTER today. Pop on over to the weekly bump shots to read her thoughts on that – and bring your sense of humor.