We can check one more major project off the nursery to-do list: the dresser/changing table!
Mrs. Dreamer’s parents bought this dresser at a garage sale in 1979 for $45. They first used it as a hutch in their dining room, then as a dresser in their master bedroom. When we got married, we adopted the piece into our master – until we upgraded that furniture a few months ago (post on that is long overdue!). Since then, it’s been waiting for the “positive” EPT test to get painted white for the nursery! We love that we can incorporate this piece of family history into our mini-dreamer’s room.
We got paint to match the crib and Mr. Dreamer slapped on about six coats to get it to look just right. (Lesson learned: primer is a good thing, and should be used, not ignored.)
Originally, we planned to put crystal knobs on the drawers, but Mrs. Dreamer found these too good to be true white with silver polka-dot knobs!
This will double as our changing table – more on that to come… just had to share that this (major) part is done! And relatively cheap too:
- Dresser = already had
- Paint = $48 (SuperPaint from Sherwin Williams–we only used half a can. It’s the same type of paint we used on our kitchen cabinets, but a different white.)
- Knobs = $15.98 (2 packs of 4 @ $7.99 each from HomeGoods)
TOTAL = $63.98
For those keeping tabs on the overall progress…
- Remove fan
- Fill holes
- Hang chandelier
- Back of door
Remove closet doors, hang curtains Dresser Remove current hardware Sand Paint Put on new knobs
- Line drawers
- Find organizer for top
Put crib together
- Books (at a TOTAL loss on this one…)
- Shelf on wall?
- Work into closet?
- Need to decide
Pick fabric Make curtains(actually, we bought them – click here for more on that saga)
- Make valance – in process and rather exciting, I must say!
- Make pillows (for bay window seat) — these are in process, thanks to a talented Grandma-to-be!
Get black-out shade Hang black-out shade
- Wall Décor
Michelle/Jason baby photos for above crib – Ikea frames (craft? Decide) Find silver polk-a-dot decals and order(actually, we did them ourselves! More on that here.)
- Decide where Melsie farm paintings go
- Continue to stalk Craig’s List for Glider/ottoman
- Side table – paint? Buy new?